In honour of Guilt Trip‘s first birthday, here are a few of this year’s reviews – both GLOWING and STINKING:
• This is one jaw-dropping read. The plot, setting, characters and writing style make this story a riveting mesmeric read. The wow factor is up there, especially the finale… Recommend to any and all. OUTSTANDING!
• Did not finish at 60%. …I have no patience for teenage girl (16) in love with 30+ guy who is also into her, no matter how good the rest of the book could be. Not cool.
• …this book is AWEEESOME
• I must tell you that I got into trouble at work a time or two with this book. I just couldn’t bring myself to put it down!
• Wow. Just wow. If you’re looking for an easy read and like roller coasters, this book is for you. Guilt Trip has it all: drama, romance, suspense, thrills, and chills. Maggy Farrell takes you for a ride from start to finish. I read this book in one day simply because I couldn’t put it down. The story is fast-paced and easy to read. And I must say, I literally sat with my mouth hanging open at the end.
• It could be me but when a 16 year old is hitting on a 30 year old and her dad does not notice makes me question the whole story. Lucky for us its just a story and not a court case I am reading in the news. Also underage drinking and drunkenness.
• Well written book, full of twist and turns. Couldn’t hardly put it down! Will definitely read more by Maggy Farrell.
So as you can see, all in all, this is indeed the marmite of books – there to be either loved or hated.
But, whilst reviewers might argue over what this book is, I think it’s fair to say that they’d all agree on one thing. This book is not forgettable!